September 18, 2006

Regina love.



I just found out tonight that Miss Regina Spektor, singer/songwriter/musician extraordinaire, will be playing on October 4th at the Sound Garden, a small record store downtown in Fells Point. And the show is free, man. So even though it's on a Wednesday night...it doesn't cost money, and it's nearby, and even though they haven't announced a time yet I'm betting it's on the early side. So you can bet your ass I'll be there, and I'm more excited that you could possibly even imagine. I've wanted to see her for so long.
And I haven't really been listening to much else besides her new album Begin to Hope lately, either. Well - that and Sufjan. But it seriously blows my mind, how great it is. (The one exception being the obvious new version of "Samson". The original, off Songs, has always been my favorite Spektor song because it is so slow and haunting and beautiful. It is the kind of song where the voice and piano is so gut-wrenchingly beautiful that it makes you want to jump off a bridge. But in a good way.)
I've uploaded two of my favorites off the album (besides "On the Radio", which I love, but has also been all over my local college radio station lately, so I'm getting kind of sick of it).

That Time

Hotel Song

And also, here’s the pretty much brand-new video for “Fidelity” (Begin to Hope). I think it's adorable.




And ALSO, because this is one of my all-time favorite songs in the world (as evidenced by the fact that Jeff Buckley’s version was in my last post, too), Regina’s gorgeous cover of “Hallelujah”.

Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)


Oh, I have so many other things I should be doing right now...I love this.



P.S. Hey, everyone (anyone?) - let me know here if you take any of this. I just like to know who's looking, and who's stealing, that's all. Enjoy.

P.P.S. So the song links aren't working, and I honestly have NO IDEA WHY. But, uh, if you click on it, and it takes you to a Blogger error page...just go to the address bar, delete everything before the YouSendIt site and the quotes around it. And it should work. Sorry...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the YouTube. I'm really sick of that song they play on TMD, so I don't think I can really appreciate her. The visuals in the video are cute though. Sorry, I guess I'm just not a music person.
-Alison

Anonymous said...

The song links aren't working. :(